Assistant Lecturer: Theriogenology
Telephone: +255 787 420 356 / +255 735 420 356
Block B CVMBS; Room: 135
Athanas graduated from Sokoine University of Agriculture in 2014 with a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM). From 2014 to 2015 he served as a volunteering residential veterinary officer at Zanzibar Animals Affection Society (ZAASO) and a State Veterinarian of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. In 2015, he joined the Department of Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology as a Tutorial Assistant in Theriogenology. Athanas obtained his Master of Veterinary Science degree majored in Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics from Deemed University, ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly-UP, India in 2019. He teaches Theriogenology to undergraduate and non-degree students. Athanas is serving the farmers and the public at large through the Teaching Animal Hospital.
Areas of Interest:
Assisted Animal Reproductive Technologies; Animal Fertility and Infertility; Integrated Animal Health; Animal Welfare.
- Kumar, Abhishek, Subrata Kumar Ghosh, Rahul Katiyar, Rupali Rautela, Amarjeet Bisla, Athanas Alex Ngou, Megha Pande, Neeraj Srivastava, and Sanjeev Kumar Bhure. "Effect of Mito-Tempo Incorporated Semen Extender On Physico-Morphological Attributes and Functional Membrane Integrity of Frozen Thawed Buffalo Spermatozoa." Cryoletters 42, no. 2 (2021): 111-119. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/cryo/cryo/2021/00000042/00000002/art00008
- Kashoma, I. P., and A. Ngou. "Retained Fetal Membrane in Tanzanian Dairy Cows: Economic Impacts and Subsequent Reproductive Performances." (2021). https://meddocsonline.org/journal-of-veterinary-medicine-and-animal-sciences/Retained-fetal-membrane-in-tanzanian-dairy-cows-economic-impacts-and-subsequent-reproductive-performances.pdf
- Bisla, Amarjeet, Rupali Rautela, Vinay Yadav, Athanas Alex Ngou, Abhishek Kumar, S. K. Ghosh, Sadhan Bag, and N. Srinivastava. "Effect of Cryopreservation on Semen Quality parameters in Relation to Lipid Peroxidation and Antioxidant Profile in Indian Buffalo." Cryoletters 42, no. 1 (2021): 33-38. http://www.cryoletters.org/Abstracts/vol_42_1_2021.htm
- Singh, Sushobhit, Athanas Alex Ngou, Amarjeet Bisla, Pradeep Chandra, Abhishek Kumar, Mhosin Haris, Lavanya Maharajan, Hiba Yana, Brijesh Kumar, and Neeraj Srivastava. "Dicephalus derodymus thoraco-sternopagus tetrabrachius dipus dicaudatus fetal monster in a riverine buffalo: A case report." Buffalo Bulletin 39, no. 4 (2020): 525-530. https://kuojs.lib.ku.ac.th/index.php/BufBu/article/view/2410
- Ngou, Athanas Alex, S. K. Ghosh, J. K. Prasad, Rahul Katiyar, Abhishek Kumar, Rupali Rautela, Amarjeet Bisla, N. Srivastava, and Ajay Kumar. "Exploring the role of E. coli derived enzyme, Oxyrase, as an oxygen scavenger to improve the cryotolerance of spermatozoa of Sahiwal bull." Cryobiology (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cryobiol.2020.10.003
- Bisla, Amarjeet, Rupali Rautela, Vinay Yadav, Gitesh Saini, Praveen Singh, Athanas Alex Ngou, Abhishek Kumar et al. "Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles–antiubiquitin antibodies conjugates for depletion of dead/damaged spermatozoa from buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) semen." Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry (2020). https://doi.org/10.1002/bab.2066
- RAUTELA, RUPALI, AMARJEET BISLA, ATHANAS ALEX NGOU, ABHISHEK KUMAR, SK GHOSH, and N. SRIVASTAVA. "Comparative efficacy of conventional stains for evaluation of plasmalemma and acrosome integrity of buffalo spermatozoa." Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 90, no. 2 (2020): 00-00.
- Bisla, Amarjeet, Brijesh Kumar, Dushyant Yadav, Rohit Satish Kurhe, Javid Ahmad Khan, Athanas Alex Ngou, Rupali Rautela, and Harendra Kumar. "Ultrasonographic Diagnosis and Clinical Management of Pseudopregnancy in Goats." Theriogenology Insight 9, no. 1 (2019): 13-18. DOI: 10.30954/2277-3371.01.2019.3
- Kumar, Brijesh, Abhishek Kumar, Amit Khatti, Amarjeet Bisla, Dushyant Yadav, Rohit Kurhe, Deepesh Gautam, Naveen Kumar Verma, Athanas Alex Ngou, and Harendra Kumar. "Partial Fetotomy to Relieve Dystocia due to Bilateral Carpal Flexion of Fetus in a Primiparous Mare." Theriogenology Insight 9, no. 1 (2019): 19-22. DOI: 10.30954/2277-3371.01.2019.4
- Bisla, A., Singh, S.K., Kumar, A., Ngou, A.A., Kurhe, R.S., Rautela, R., Srivastava, N., Kumar, B. Fetal mummification in one of the triplet kids - a cause of dystocia in a non-descript doe: case report. Explor Anim Med Res 9(1): 90-92, 2019. http://www.animalmedicalresearch.org/...
- Brijesh Kumar, Abhishek Kumar, Nitish Singh Kharayat, Amarjeet Bisla, Muzamil Rashid, Parveez Ahmad Sheikh, Ramamoorthy M, Athanas Alex Ngou, Rohit Kurhe, Harendra Kumar. Uterine torsion associated with incomplete cervical dilatation and subsequent fetal maldisposition: A case report. Res J. Chem. Environ. Sci. Vol 6 (5): 72-74, 2018. http://www.aelsindia.com/oct_2018/13.pdf
- Bisla, A., Kharayat, N. S., Singh, S. K., Kumar, A., Ngou, A. A., Kumar, S., & Kumar, B. Per Vaginal Delivery of Partially Macerated Fetus in Graded Buffalo: A Case Report. Theriogenology Insight-An International Journal of Reproduction in all Animals, 8 (3): 121-124, 2018. DOI: 10.30954/2277-3371.03.2018.5
- Singh, Muzamil Rashid, B. Balamurugan, and Rohit Athanas Alex Ngou. "Uterine torsion associated with posterior longitudinal presentation and lumbo-sacral position of the fetus in a buffalo." (2018). https://www.thepharmajournal.com/archives/2018/vol7issue11/PartJ/7-11-110-696.pdf
- Kumar, A., Kumar, B., Ali, A., Ngou, A. A., Prasad, J. K., & Kumar, H. Polydactylism along with uterine torsion in a cow: A case report. Theriogenology Insight, 8 (2): 73-77, 2018. DOI: 10.30954/2277-3371.02.2018.5
- Bisla, A., Kumar, B., Kurhe, R., Behera, H., Ngou, A. A., Shah, I., & Khan, J. A. Dystocia due to fetal mummification in a non-descript goat: a case study. Journal of Experimental Biology and Agricultural Sciences, 6 (3): 613-616, 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18006/2018.6(3).613.616
- Ngou A.A. and Kashoma I. P. Reproductive and productive performance of crossbred dairy cows kept in different production systems in Morogoro Municipality, Tanzania. Tanzania Veterinary Journal, 30 (2): 76–84, 2015.